Our design team has installed and serviced elevators for decades. We know what works, and what works better. We want you to have the very best home elevator on the market, which includes the best installation.
Hoistway construction requirements for builders and architects:
- Concrete slab to be depressed 8 in., with a 6 in. reinforced concrete base
- Hoistway framing can be typical 2″ x 4″ construction. One wall shall be framed for a 3/0 x 6/8 (or 3/0 x 8/0) door opening. Another wall will contain support framing for the elevator equipment.
- Frame machine room adjacent to hoistway at lowest level with a 2/8 x 6/8 door opening on one side. Approximate machine room size is 48″ x 48″.
- Sheetrock and finish hoistway and exterior walls of machine room.
- 3/0 x 6/8 (or 3/0 x 8/0) solid core hoistway doors at each landing with passage lockets and a 2/8 x 6/8 door at machine room with keyed lockets.
- Paint door wall inside hoistway
- Electrical requirements
- 220V, 30 AMP service for elevator
- 110V, 15 AMP service for elevator lighting
- Light and GFI service outlet in machine room
- Telephone line
- Abbey Home Elevator professionals will provide complete shop drawings and make required visits to the job site as often as needed to insure proper coordination.
Creative thinking, planned solutions, happy clients | Copyright © 2013 Abbey Home Elevators